Want to start a working group?
First, discuss your Working Group idea with NSPIRG staff by dropping in the office, Room 306 in the Dalhousie SUB, or by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (902) 494-6662.
Next, fill out an Working Group Application (below) and submit it by email or at the office. Applicants may also be asked to make a presentation to the Board of Directors (BOD) of NSPIRG.
Working Groups will be approved if:
- the applicants commit to the responsibilities listed below;
- the BOD is convinced that the applicants have the capacity and vision to do so;
- there are not any obvious redundancies with already existing Working Groups.
If approved, members of the new Working Group will be required to:
- Attend an orientation session on Working Group responsibilities and access to NSPIRG resources.
- Within one month of being approved, hold a meeting and submit to NSPIRG staff an annual summary of plans for the upcoming year. This will consist of your vision, mission, goals and activities, including a timeline of projects/events and a budget. NSPIRG staff can help you do this. Please contact NSPIRG staff for assistance/questions with planning and budgeting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us for a copy of the Working Groups policy and details on their relationship to NSPIRG.
Examples of past Working Groups:
- The Loaded Ladle
- South House (formerly Dalhousie Womens Centre)
- No One Is Illegal (Border justice/immigration rights)
- ARCH (Animal Rights Collective of Halifax)
- AYEP (Anti-Oppression Youth Education Project)
- HAH (Haiti Action Halifax)
- Halifax Student Housing Co-op
- Humans Against Homophobia
- SCAW (Students Coalition Against War)
- Students Taking Action in Chiapas (ZEN)
- Students For Students
- Vegan Potluck Group
- …and more